HONDA SAFETY ON CRASH TESTING AUTO BODIES
Over the years, different car models and sizes have been used to test the safety on them in some car crashes at various objects. Crash tests are used as a form of destructive testing to ensure the safeness on design standards for different models of transportation. There are different types of crashing tests that are done, like:
- Frontal-impact tests: This is the most known one. In short words, it is a direct impact to a concrete wall.
- Moderate Overlap tests: It’s like a frontal-impact test but only for a small part of the front of the vehicle to emulate a crash with on-going traffic instead of a bigger object like a wall.
- Small Overlap tests: This one tests small portions of the car against smaller objects like poles or trees.
- Side Impact tests: A direct impact against the side of the cars, mostly the pilot seat. It is the accident that has the most fatalities of them all because it doesn’t absorb the impact as well as the front or rear parts of a car.
- Roll-over tests: As the name indicates, this is the test where the cars roll simulating a dynamic accident to test the protection of the roof.
Whenever you find end up in a car crash, you should seek a Honda auto body repair company like Excel Collision Centers in Arizona that has the manufacturer training, knowledge and repair skills to fix any collision your automobile have been through. Honda’s vision with their vehicles is to have the technology for crashes to never happen again with self-driving cars, the possible connection between vehicles and everything on the road, and collision-stopping measures. That dream may not be realistically true yet, but still, Honda has one of the best safety technology in their vehicles.
Honda Crash Testing Ratings
- 2017 Honda Accord: Debuting in 1976, it defined a new type of vehicle. Over the years, it has improved its design, stability and body structure, making the 2017 model a 2017 TOP SAFETY PICK+ on its crashworthiness and crash avoidance & mitigation ratings even though it received only an Acceptable rate in its structure and safety cage in the Small Overlap test.
- 2017 Honda Civic: With a more sporty look and an overall solid structure, it received the 2017 TOP SAFETY PICK thanks to its good grades in crash testings and superior front crash prevention. The only downside is the poor performance in its headlights.
- 2017 Honda CR-V: With a bigger space in the trunk to carry more stuff, this 4-Door SUV have a superior overall in its crashworthiness compared to the 2016 model. Once again, it made Honda receive another 2017 TOP SAFETY PICK+ choice.
- 2016 Honda CR-Z: For the audience that loves speed, they can choose the Honda CR-Z that has a 6-speed manual transmission. This 2-door hatchback model has overall good grades on its crashworthiness but sadly there is not a rate yet on its front crash prevention.
- 2016 Honda Odyssey: The van of the Honda family, it has great space in its interior for all your family members. Even though it only have a Basic rating in its Front Crash prevention, it received a 2017 TOP SAFETY PICK for its good crashworthiness.
ACETM Body Structure
This exclusive technology lets Honda have a unique body design that uses a particular system of front frames that absorbs and deflects the impact energy from a vehicle collision. Honda thoroughly tests car impacts, collisions to walls and barriers, and crashes to all the sides of their vehicles to keep improving their technology. Excel Collision Centers has an in-depth knowledge of Honda auto body repairs, so you don’t have to worry and keep looking for another certified Honda body shop.
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
Honda made a system that allows a driver to have a fixed speed while maintaining distance from the vehicle in front of you. This ACC is more useful on long highways than inside urban cities. The accuracy of this system will depend on weather, speed, and other factors.
Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
This technology helps reduce the gravity of an impact directly at the front of your vehicle. It works thanks to the radar transmitter and a camera that faces the front of the car which is used to determine the distance of any detected object that is straight ahead. The CMBS will give you an audible and visual when there is a potential collision with a solid object on the road and also help you with a light break.
Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
On the models that have this system installed, they will have a camera above the rear view mirror to help you stay centered in a lane. As soon as you start going out of the lane, the LKAS will softly steer your wheel automatically to keep your vehicle in the lane, preventing a car crash in another lane. In the case that the driver stops using the steering wheel, a message will present with the instruction to use the wheel.
Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
The Road Departure Mitigation also has a camera to detect lane markers like painted lines, cat eye markers, and another type of pointers. Whenever your vehicle leaves a path, it will warn you with warnings and the car will pull your seat belt. This system has more functions since it can apply a moderate steer and a full break to stop the car when it does not detect any assistance from the driver, preventing you from contacting a certified Honda body shop in case of an accident.
Safety Prizes Received
The unique safety technology from Honda is the reason why they received 2016 Top Safety Pick and 2016 Top Safety Pick+ from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) because of Honda’s superior crash performance. Honda also received a 5-Star rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
In Arizona, Excel Collision Center is certified to work with Honda brand vehicles with proper tools, equipment, and training that guarantees a fix for your car just like the same manufacturer would do. They change the method of construction and materials every year to improve today’s standards, and we are also up to them to provide the best service for our customers. As a professional certified Mesa Honda body shop and Honda auto body repair, we only guarantee to bring back the perfection out of your car. Don’t hesitate to give us a call if you want to know more information about our Mesa Honda auto body repair services.
1135 S. Center Street
Mesa, AZ 85210
6343 E. Test Drive
Mesa, AZ 85206
Apache Junction Repair Facility
610 E. 39th Ave.
Apache Junction, AZ 85119
Apache Junction Satellite Location
3400 S. Tomahawk Road
Apache Junction, AZ 85119