How Your Gilbert Collision Center Becomes Certified
Taking your car to a certified auto body shop in Gilbert ensures that you will get the very best service and the best results to protect your investment. By going to a certified shop, you will work with an auto body mechanic who has had extensive training and who has met minimum industry standards for service.
Learning about what goes into the certification process will help you better understand what makes these auto body shops so special. Here are some of the requirements that your Gilbert collision center has to meet to become certified:
- Carry the appropriate insurance. In order to be certified, auto body shops have to carry General Liability commercial insurance and Garage Keepers legal liability insurance. The General Liability policy must provide at least $1 million of coverage for property damage, bodily injury, or personal injury. The Garage Keepers policy must provide at least $100,000 of coverage for each incident.
- Have a current membership in a Direct Repair program.
- Have a paint booth that meets all local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Be able to recover or recycleR-134A refrigerant.
- Have the ability to perform frame repairs to the capacity of the original manufacturer’s specifications or to be able to farm out the work to a facility that can.
- Be able to perform four-wheel alignments or farm the work out to a facility that can.
- Have the ability to remove and replace mechanical or electrical components or to farm out the work to a facility that can.
- Be able to repair Safety Restraint Systems or partner with a provider who can.
- Provide a written lifetime warranty on all work performed (for as long as the customer owns that vehicle).
- Provide computerized estimates using costs on parts from a database and including the shop’s labor costs.
- Obtain customer authorization before performing any repairs or drawing up the final bill.
- Be able to upload estimates through the CCC Autoverse portal, as well as to email and provide digital photos through the system.
- Have a convenient parking area for customers.
- Have a clean and comfortable reception area for customers.